
Wow! Time sure flies....
A and I have been married for 19 years. We have a daughter, L (18) and a son, H (15). Family is such a blessing!
My goal for posting is to just look at life differently. I have a tendency to not look at views for what they are and then it drives me nuts.
That is why I am adjusting my sails! This quote says it all for my first post: “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” I hope by posting my frustrations - that a lesson can be learned.
Pet Peave - Something that drives you crazy. So here is my first one: Sports! Basketball to be exact. The playing time never seems fair for some and it makes me sad that kids quit something because they know they will not get playing time - and this is just JV - that's what is weird. JV is a time for learning - and you can not learn if the coaches are playing kids that get their time on Varsity. I know that sometimes it can not be helped - but it is better to take a loss and have the kids play to learn - then it would be to win and not have a team next year because the kids quit. I think that the coaches of today have forgot what their job is... to make a player feel like they belong and are part of a team, to make them love the sport, and to help them get to the next level if that is the player's goal.
I love going to games - any games really - so here is my lesson learned.... Hayden hates basketball! He has been telling me that since day 1 - I just wanted him to try it in high school. But, starting today there will be no more pressure. I am going to cheer for him when he plays and not worry about who else is playing. He has really come a long way - his dribbling has improved and he is finally shooting the ball (so far, his game high is 10 points). Life is to short! So please pray for me that I can keep focused on what is really important in life - which let me say is not basketball. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment